Juanita over at Juanitascocina was generous enough to let me share some recipes and they all sound delicious. I have been crazy busy working my “real job” and preparing for the Blissdom Conference that I personally haven’t done that much cooking but as soon as I get home I think I will be trying this one out! Sound’s like a great weeknight recipe to have on hand and she says it is so good it will make your “toes curl”.
Thanks Juanita! I have a goal of collecting 1000 recipes that contain ground beef . If you would like to share your tried and true recipes feel free to send them to me firstname.lastname@example.org along with a good .jpg photo of the dish and I will share and give you credit (send a photo of yourself too if you would like )
Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti
- 12 oz spaghetti (3/4 of one box)
- 1 (28 ounce) jar prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through; drain fat and stir in spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on packet. Drain and place cooked spaghetti back in pot. Add cream cheese, Italian seasoning and minced garlic. Stir until cream cheese is melted and the spaghetti is thoroughly coated.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 pan. Spread a small amount of meat sauce in the bottom of the dish. Put spaghetti on top of sauce and top with remaining meat sauce.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
Ground Beef Budget 2013
I work every weekend and the last few weeks I have been trying to have something homemade that we can eat on for a few days. So today I whipped this up. I created this soup with items I had on hand and thought they would meld into one tasty soup and boy was I right. A little of this and a little of that. A little Italian Seasoning and a little Chili Powder. I think it turned out pretty good.
*Note: After this sits a while if you use red pepper flakes it will get hotter and hotter!
Homemade Ground Beef & Vegetable Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cans whole new potatoes (drained and cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 bag mixed vegetables
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- Brown ground beef and chopped onion, drain off grease.
- In a large soup pot to beef and onions add flour and stir well until well incorporarted. Add other ingredients except for the macaroni and cook on medium heat for 20-25 minutes. Add 1 cup elbow macaroni and cook for 10 minutes. *You can, of course adjust the seasoning to whatever suits your taste.
- Serve piping hot with cornbread or crackers.
Ground Beef Budget 2013
Thanks for visiting my site. I am hosting a giveaway so while you are here :
If you like this recipe check out these too:
All these recipes will feed a crowd!