Crock Pot Candy!
Valentine’s Day or the Super Bowl it calls for candy to give as a gift or something delicious to snack on! I must confess this may not be the most frugal recipe ever but let me tell you it is one of the easiest and best candies I have ever made.
Just throw it in the crock pot and forget it for a few hours….you don’t even have to stir for 3 hours! No checking a candy thermometer or watching the pot boil. Easy peasy I tell you!
A huge thanks for Gloria at work for sharing this recipe with me!
- 1 pound of salted peanuts
- 1 pound of unsalted peanuts
- 12 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounce bar of German Chocolate
- 3 pounds of white chocolate bark (like you use for dipping)
- Layer in crock pot in the order listed.
- Do not stir.
- Cook on low for 3 hours,
- Stir to mix well and drop onto wax paper.
- Wait till they cool and harden.
- Dig in.
It may take a while until they cool enough to harden just be patient and don't place in the fridge. (placing in the fridge will cause it to have a chalky look to it)
Ground Beef Budget 2013