Chicken Pot Pie
Fall and Winter days call for warm comfort food for dinner. After a long day at work or for Sunday dinner this is comfort food the whole family will enjoy. This recipe is not “from scratch” this is a quick and easy recipe but still homemade, delicious and nutritious that you can have on the table in about an hour. This is perfect for the weeknight meal, just mix it up and throw it in the oven to bake while get a few things done in the house or unwind.
If you plan ahead cook extra chicken for dinner a day or two ahead of time and you will have it ready for this Chicken Pot Pie recipe….saving you some time.
Serve with some Fried Okra and Sweet Tea and you have a full meal.
- 1 package Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 1 cup cooked chicken cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion chopped and sauteed (optional)
- 1 stalk of celery sliced in this pieces and sauteed (optional)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove pie crust from fridge and vegetables from freezer to thaw.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Saute chopped onions and celery until tender.
- Lay bottom crust into a 9 inch pie pan.
- In a bowl mix together all other ingredients and spoon into the pie pan with crust.. Top with second crust, crimp edges together and cut slits in top. Cover edges of crust with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until golden brown.10-15 minutes before pie is done remove foil from edges of crust to brown.
Ground Beef Budget 2013