Apple Nut Cake
As I have said before Fall is my favorite time of the year! It’s the crisp morning air, the colors of the leaves that becomes a temporary priceless painting of the landscape. The holiday seasons are one their way and there is so much to be thankful for.
I start thinking chili, pumpkin, cobblers, stews but to me nothing screams Fall like this recipe does.
My aunt would always bake an Apple Nut Cake and send over some for us! I loved it!
- 1 1/4 cups of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups of sifted self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups of peeled and chopped apples
- 1 cup of walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour tube or bundt pan
- Mix oil, sugar and eggs until creamy. Add flour a little at a time, mixing well between additions. Add vanilla and beat well. Fold in apples and nuts.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes until done.
- Cool completely before cutting....if you can wait that long.
Ground Beef Budget 2013