Magic Caramel Pie
Ok, I confess, I have a sweet tooth (my dentist loves me) and dessert is my favorite part of the meal.
This has to be the most decadent and the richest pie I ever make and the easiest ever, throw a couple of cans in the crock pot and in 8 hours what emerges from those cans is truly magic!
This is copycat recipe for a Caramel Pie you can find at a famous restaurant chain that starts with an O’
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- Remove the label from the sweetened condensed milk.
- Place both cans in a crock pot and cover completely with water.
- Cook in the cans on low for 8 hours.
- Remove from the crock pot and cool.
- Open cans and pour out into the graham cracker pie crust.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Garnish with whipped topping and slivered almonds, chopped nuts, whatever you like.
Rich....this pie is very rich. A small slice will do you.
Ground Beef Budget 2013
Throw in an extra can and you have caramel dip for apples or a topping for ice cream!
*This makes a pie filling that is about the consistency of pudding it does not make a caramel that can be sliced individually or used for caramel apples.
Recipe shared at : Love Bakes Good Cakes , Homemaker’s Challenge , Thrifty 101, Life As Mom, and Mommies Sweet Confessions