Tangy Baked Beans
It’s that time of year! Time to crank up that grill for your summertime favorite foods and baked beans are a wonderful side dish that goes along wellwith your smoky grilled meats as well as Sunday Dinners that include fried chicken, or ham.
I love the sweet and sour tangy taste that the combination and brown sugar and mustard gives to my baked beans so you can adjust this recipe easily to match your taste and what your family likes.
- 2 can pork and beans
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 of a green bell pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon pancake syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons prepared mustard -or more
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon bacon grease melted
- salt and pepper....lots of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.Taste add more mustard for more of a tangy taste (that's how we like them) or more brown sugar or ketchup for a sweeter taste. Lots of pepper.
- Pour into a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes until nice and bubbly
Ground Beef Budget 2013